To mark the anniversary of U.S. President Obama’s ‘Prague address’ the Arms Control Association will host a forum to review the progress achieved and, with the help of five prominent speakers, outline key priorities and recommendations for nuclear risk reduction in his second term.
The event will be held in Washington D.C. on 11 April. For more information see here.
Featured speakers are:
• Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
• Lieutenant Gen. Frank Klotz (USAF, Ret.), senior fellow for strategic studies and arms control at the Council on Foreign Relations. He is the former commander of the U.S. Air Force Global Strike Command.
• Ambassador Steve Pifer, director of the Brookings Arms Control Initiative.
• Ambassador James E. Goodby, research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. He was involved in the creation of the International Atomic Energy Agency and the negotiation of the Limited Test Ban Treaty, the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, military transparency measures in Europe, and cooperative threat reduction.
• Daryl G. Kimball, Executive Director, ACA (moderator)